Aim of the video:
The aim of this video is to educate youth (13 to 20) on the subject of media literacy. The young (and cool) band members from a famous Macedonian band “Funk Shui” are explaining the concept of media literacy, why it is important and how to understand, inquire, create, communicate and think critically.
Target age group: 13-20.
How to use it for educational purposes?
This video can be used during media literacy classes, especially for the introduction classes. It is fun to watch and created by young script writer, editor and actors/band members to help youth understand media better. The video can be played by teachers during classes or media literacy trainings and it can be shared in any other form if needed.
Topics for discussion:
- Media literacy.
- Critical Thinking.
- Sources of information.
- Social media.
- Journalism and journalists.
- Music, songs and videos as forms of media.
- What was this video about?
- Who are the main characters?
- What is media?
- How can we make sure we understand and think critically about the information we get through media?
- Is the band in the video real?
- How do you check if an information is true or false?
- What is a “fact”, and what is an “opinion”?
- How can you tell the difference?
- Which sources are more trustworthy?